Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Artsy Wednesday: Tape Manicure

Striping tape, that is!  I made a plaid-icure using striping tape and my new Mari Moon multichromes; these pictures aren't perfect, but they captured the color shift best, and that's something I am really really loving about these polishes!

To get this plaid-ish, wrapped-present-ish look, paint a layer of black, and then a layer of your multichrome (because multichromes can be kind of thin, and these bottles are pretty small so I wanted to make sure I didn't waste time on a lot of layers).  Let everything dry (I waited probably 20 minutes), then add your striping tape in a plaid pattern. 

 Paint over your striping tape with one layer of a contrasting color, wait for it to dry, then peel off the tape.
You really do have to be careful with the tape, as I ended up peeling a big chunk of polish off of my ring finger when I pulled it off!  I was able to fill it in with a polish brush, but it wasn't quite as neatly done as a tape manicure should be.


I'm really honored to be able to participate in Artsy Wednesday, and you should all DEFINITELY check out these other, very talented Artsy Wednesday participants.  

6 comments: