Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Artsy Wednesday: Fishtail Manicure

My first Artsy Wednesday! I'm so excited! This week's theme was the fishtail manicure. This nail art has always seemed intimidating, with all its intricate stripes, but I figured I'd go at it with a gusto and try freehanding to see how it turned out. Pretty darn well!

As I said, I freehanded this one, so the edges definitely aren't perfect.  But this is the type of manicure I could see getting really, really good at with practice, and it honestly didn't take much longer than painting my nails a single color!


I wish the sun would have come out so you could see how lovely these colors are; Julep's Sienna, Alyson, and Amy.  I got them in a Julep mystery box and knew they'd be a fun, preppy combination.  

Here's a final close-up to see how neat this pattern is; some simple swipes of polish, using the brush width to your advantage, and you've got a fishtail braid pattern right on your nails!


I'm really honored to be able to participate in Artsy Wednesday, and you should all DEFINITELY check out these other, very talented Artsy Wednesday participants:

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to our group - and you did well on your first challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing and welcome to Artsy Wednesday! Look forward to seeing your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to tehe group! Love the nails and the colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on this weeks Fishtail challenge! Great color choices..I really live being a Maven, Julep has some nice colors ;) Welcome to the Team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello and welcome :) Nice work! The colours remind me of the beach in summer... how I miss summer!

    ReplyDelete