Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Manicure

Click picture for larger

It feels a little frivolous to post a manicure on Memorial Day, but this is a blog for nail polish, so it seems fitting even if it is a little silly.  

A day set aside to honor Americans lost to war is  a pretty somber, serious and needful kind of day.  However, I feel like the atmosphere of the day has become one of enjoyment of our freedoms, spending time with friends and family, a day of gratitude.  That's how I choose to observe Memorial Day.  I'm certainly grateful for my life, and am grateful to know the people I know, live where I live, and to be able to do what I do.  Thank you, to anyone and everyone that has made this country a better place.




2 comments:

  1. I really really love the stars!! Did you use a stamping plate? If so which one?? Cute blog, will definitely be checking it out more! xo E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did use a stamping plate; I used the Salon Express plate SE21, and only stamped part of the design (it has 2 more stars and a moon). Thanks for reading!

      Delete