Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Artsy Wednesday: Halloween

Ooh, ooh, witchy woman, see how high she flies. Ooh, ooh, witchy woman, she got the moon in her eye.


I'm so proud of these!  These are my real nails, by the way; I filed them to points!  I was going to cut them down anyway, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to do something a little crazy.
I won 365 Days of Color's Boouk!  in a giveaway, and it's a fantastic addition to my witchy manicure!  The creamy base softened the lines of my gradient without obscuring the colors.  It's like a veil for your nails, so to speak.  The very charming neutral glitter also added a pretty wartiness (if such a thing can exist) that I just love!  I think neutral glitter colors are underrated; purple is fun, but copper and pale bronze are just so classy (says the woman with pointy witch fingers).

I don't know that it would have occurred to me to layer Boouk! over a darker color if I hadn't done a witchy manicure, but boy am I glad I did.  I've been having an "every other week" success rate with how much I like my Artsy Wednesday offerings, but this one has definitely broken my 50/50 streak, as I like it a lot!


I'm really honored to be able to participate in Artsy Wednesday, and you should all DEFINITELY check out these other, very talented Artsy Wednesday participants.  

5 comments:

  1. I can just hear an evil witch laugh coming from these nails! "Eeeehh hee hee heeee" lol.

    Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the points! They look like little shields :) I think it's pretty classy tbh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought they must have been fakes at first. It was handy that you were filing them down anyway. I'd love to do something like this with my nails just to see what it's like. :)

    ReplyDelete